3.28.2011

Let's get this thing going...

So I've never been a blogger, but I decided to give this a go. Several friends have done this and I suppose it is a good way to let friends and family know what is going on in the life of me and the new husband! :) I have no guarantee how long I will keep this up, but I will give it a try!


We have officially been married for 24 days, getting close to 1 month! I never thought God would bring along "Mr. Right" and he did, literally! (I apologize for the cheesiness, it's part of being a newlywed!) The wedding was so great! I can't think of anything that didn't go as we would have hoped. We are so blessed with amazing family and friends who support us! All though, I must admit it was a bit of blur and I can't wait to get the pictures to remind myself of how everything looked! We had a fabulous time in St. Lucia on the honeymoon. Here is my plug for St. Lucia, everyone should totally go there! It is gorgeous! (Pics below!)


We are now getting settled into our new home, which is what I've been spending the past couple weeks doing. I'm currently a stay at home wife and will be for a little while longer. I can't wait to get started working again, I'm definitely not the stay at home all the time type person. I'm getting a little stir crazy in the house, which could be why this blog is getting started in the first place. I have a lot of free time! All though, I have enjoyed getting the house situated (a few pics below) and making lots of meals for me and the hubby! No burnt food so far, only a burnt hand! (see lessons below)


Sometime in the next month I will start work with AIM (Abstinence In Motion). I will be going into schools teaching kids about waiting until marriage and other aspects of healthy relationships. I love this organization & cannot wait to be a part of their team!


I will end this blog with a few lessons I've learned in these first few weeks of marriage:
1) Seek AND Trust God (Sometimes it's easy to seek Him, but we then have to trust what He's saying, what He's doing, and where He's leading!)
2) Despite thinking I would not like it, I do enjoy watching "Sons of Guns" AND despite his thinking, Steve does enjoy "American Idol"
3) Do not stick your bare hand on the inside of a 450 degree oven even if you just want to sprinkle more cheese on the pizza...it's worth it to put on a mitt and take it out! :)
4) Unfortunately, I am not always right :)
5) I absolutely love being married to Steve!







3 comments:

  1. Yay! I like it. Your house looks great Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So glad you got a blog. Now I can keep up with the latest Wright news! Haha. I was just thinking yesterday how you and Steve should make it a habit to visit every Sunday... and the people said, "amen." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Your house is adorable, just like you and Steve!

    It is definitely worth it to put on a mitt. Been there, done that!

    ReplyDelete