9.25.2011

Life in Transition...

Yes, we are still alive, I have just been neglecting our blog! Let's just say life and time definitely got away from me! If I could sum up the past 6-7 months in one word it would be "transition". Transitioning to married life, living in a new place, finding a new church, a new job (for me), and even just being responsible for finances and other things that come with being adults on your own!


We all go through times of transition. We go from crying to get what we want to talking (sometimes I think I'd like to go back to crying it seems very effective), crawling around to walking, depending on others to get us from place to place to getting that license to drive, graduate high school and go to college, graduate college and enter the real world, etc. I must say I think this has been the biggest time of transition for me. I'm pretty sure everything in my life changed in what seemed like an instant. I think I'm just now catching up with it all!


I'm finally settling into being a wife, living in Troy, a new church, and my internship on campus (in case you don't know, I am interning at the SAVE Project & Personal Counseling office at Troy & loving it!). I've decided that during life transitions is when I really seem to grow and learn as a person. It seems like God really uses those times when I am completely out of my comfort zone to open my eyes to things I miss when I'm just living life day to day where I'm comfortable.


I thought I'd share a few tid bits of things I have learned these past few months of transition. These are in no particular order and some of these are obviously more serious than others! Enjoy!


- Being in Christian community is essential, I will fail miserably at walking with God without it!


- As a sign I passed one day said, "a closed mouth gathers little foot." (Side note about this one, I passed this sign right after a lovely little marital dispute over something not even worth disputing over. If your married or have close relationships with others at all, you know what I'm talking about! Needless to say I wanted to run over this sign at the time because it was obviously true but not what I necessarily wanted to read at the time! But it has proven to be a good truth to live by! haha)


- I do not have a green thumb and flowers will die if they are in my possession for more than 24 hours


- Cleaning can actually be rather therapeutic


- Living a life following Christ takes daily surrender, daily sacrifice, daily discipline, and daily faith!


- Living for the world will always be tempting. This will not change by getting older, getting married, or anything else. I must continually remind myself of verses such as: 


Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 2 Timothy 2:22


Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 John 2:15


Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2


- Married life is the best, hardest, most fun, craziest, most challenging, most unpredictable, most exciting thing!


Can't wait to continue experiencing life and growing and learning every step of the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment